Today we’re going to switch it up and we’re going to talk about how we’re managing to get pictures during the COVID-19 pandemic. When we started the blog, the COVID-19 restrictions in Ontario were not as severe, but as the months have progressed and things have gotten worse as we’ve been going in and out of lockdown since December.
Since the blog has to continue despite what is going on in the world. I (Shania), took it upon myself to still try out new foods. The only difference this time around is that I will be taking the photos and Jeneni will be editing the photos. This post will detail how all of this goes down.
Step 1: Conduct research on restaurants.
- This consists of doing research on the internet and on food delivery apps such as UberEats, DoorDash and SkipTheDishes.
- Once I have a list of restaurants, I do my research to see if they are locally owned and owned by POC.
Step 2: Order from a restaurant.
- This step is self-explanatory.
Step 3: Take pictures of the food that I ordered.
- I take my food pictures with my iPhone 12 Pro.
- I aim to take pictures from different angles and in different lightinhg.
Step 4: Send the pictures to Jeneni.
- Jeneni is a freelance photographer in her own right.
- She edits the photos to make them look more professional.
Step 5: Receive the edited pictures from Jeneni.
Step 6: Use the pictures on the blog and on Instagram.
Hopefully this post can give you a little bit of insight as to what happens behind the scenes. Content creation seems to be easy, but there are so many things that go into it.
Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to see something similar? If so, what?
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram!